Monday, May 1, 2017

Baskets and Bows

Things are coming along with the trip preparation.  This coming Sunday is the next fund raiser for the trip.   As long as I can remember the youth group at Grace has had a silent auction for Mother's Day gift baskets. 

I have bid on the baskets in the past but this year I am actually creating them to help the youth raise money for their trip. 

In March I started thinking about ideas, themes, who to ask to donate products for them etc.  One night I was laying in bed and my brain would not shut off.  I had to get up and write the ideas down.  Some of them were: gardening, color themes, coffee, Buzzy Bee, art, and the list goes on.  I finally decided on three and I have to say they have turned out pretty good. Not because I have put them together but because people have donated their resources and talents to make them happen.

 
'Home Grown'  is a basket full of locally grown products ranging from a bushel of apples from Justus Orchards in Edneyville, 2 dozen eggs from a lady that I work with that raises chickens, a bouquet of sunflowers from a friend who grows fields of them, a rose bush of your choice from a couple at Grace who grow amazing beautiful flowers and trees,  NC honey, and gifts cards from my favorite BB Barnes nursery, and a box of home grown goodness from my friend Maggie's homestead. 

God is working through this entire process even in the fund raising.  He is opening doors for us to share about what God is doing in Honduras and He is working our own hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

100lbs of Love

   I have to start this blog entry by saying thank you, thank you.... THANK YOU !!  I am so overwhelmed by the support I have ...