Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Why Am I Amazed?

One of the reasons I started this blog was so that my family and friends can follow my preparation for my trip in December, as well as, to see how God is working in Honduras all the time!

As I am sitting here trying to create this entry I am giddy with excitement & smiling from ear to ear. He does it every time and I once again have to ask myself 'why are you so amazed?' He is so good and is constantly surprising me with His sweet goodness. I am always amazed, as if it is unexpected & I have never witnessed it before but the truth be told over the last four years I have marveled at how many time God has provided for me, team mates and those involved with our trips to Honduras.

Doesn't he do this all the time you may ask? Not just when one is preparing for a mission trip or involved in a ministry? Well of course he does but I think what happens is in our day to day lives (at least in my life) I tend to not completely trust him. (I don't go to him or seek his will during those routine times) That is one of the things that I have learned from the people of Honduras. They have so little but they have so much. They totally depend on God for everything. Honduras is the second poorest country after Haiti & the average person makes $900 a year!!!

So in my weakness and my lack of faith ....I am often blinded to his blessings, when in actuality it is I who often needs him more than the Hondurans. Even though as an Americans we seem to have so much we really have little!

I have submitted my application & release form for the trip & began saving for the deposit that is due September 18th. So the process has begun. Why am I so giddy and smiling? Like I mentioned earlier He did it again!!! I turned in my mileage log at work today & when I saw how much my reimbursement was I thought "that is nice we can use it for our upcoming vacation"....but after a moment I did the math and realized the reimbursement plus what I have saved was EXACTLY what I need (to the penny) for my deposit!

Thank you Lord for your goodness and your blessings!

And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.
2 Corinthians 9:8








2 comments:

  1. Interesting that we keep being surprised by God's goodness to us. I am so glad we don't have to earn it. I am very excited for you to follow your passion Dee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna, I'm finding it is impossible to not do it :o)

    ReplyDelete

100lbs of Love

   I have to start this blog entry by saying thank you, thank you.... THANK YOU !!  I am so overwhelmed by the support I have ...