Thursday, May 18, 2017

Baseball Caps, Flip Flops, and Shampoo




If my calculations are correct we will be departing for Honduras in 54 days!  I am sooo excited!! 
Our next team meeting is this coming Sunday.  I am really looking forward to seeing the team since I was unable to be at the last meeting.

I am starting to make lists of things to take, things to do and even little gifts I can take to my friends there. 

 Earlier this week I was thinking about my friend Alonso, who is one of the guards on the property. He has joined me for coffee during the mornings as I sit and watch the earth awaken.  For him, his shift is ending and he is ready to go home. We muddle through a conversation that is broken English and Spanish...but some how we get our point across.  He always has a ball cap on. So I thought I could take him a ball cap.  Then the thought came to me "why not collect gently used/new baseball caps and take them to be distributed to the men".  Many of the men work out in the hot sun doing manual labor, working in the coffee groves or just walking from place to place. 

I don't know about you but we have an abundant amount of baseball caps around our house.  Ones that you have collected from vacations, free ones from events, or those that may be your favorite sports team.  So while you are doing your spring cleaning if you come across any baseball caps that are  just taking up space, I will gladly take them off your hands. 

It is always surprising what God puts on my heart to take.  One year I had a bag full of old buttons I took.  That same Christmas one of the ladies at the Hogar received a sawing machine for Christmas, she was tickled to have them!  One year we used safety glasses for an art project and I took extra, the men that do the yard work were using a weed eater without protection...we had plenty to spare! 
So if you have any of these items or God lays something on your heart to donate, please contact me.  I would love to be your delivery person!

Also other items that we will take are:

  • Shampoo
  • Lotion
  • Deodorant
  • Tooth Paste/Brushes
  • Feminine Products
  • Flip Flops, all sizes
  • Hair Bows
  • Children's Gummy Vitamins
  • Children's cough and fever medicine
  • School Supplies

Thank you for your prayers and support as we are preparing for this adventure in July.  God has great things in store for us, he always does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

100lbs of Love

   I have to start this blog entry by saying thank you, thank you.... THANK YOU !!  I am so overwhelmed by the support I have ...