Saturday, January 14, 2012

Psalm 37 God Will Prevail


From my journal 1/27/11

I am sitting on the front porch -feeling rested & content. the birds are singing, a wren was sitting on the window singing as I made my tea. The rooster is crowing & the horse is grazing in the field outside the gates. There are two men at the school (one I believe is Manuel the guard) and they are weed eating ...it is barely 7 a.m!! I read Psalm 27, I'm not sure why that came to mind if I have seen it before or if God placed it in my mind to read...let's call it God because it is is perfect for here and for what Yobani is going through. The wicked & evil will be defeated & God WILL prevail.

These are a few of the verses that spoke to me that morning:

37 1-3 Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away. Trust in the Lord and do good dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

37:10 But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.

37:16-17
Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked; for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.

37: 39-40
The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The LORD helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him.

The funny part is that after writing those verses down & looking back in my new compact bible I realized that it WAS God who led me to that passage. I hadn't ever read the passage before AND if you look back at what I wrote in my journal I thought I was reading 27 but actually it was 37! I later discovered that I had read 27 before the trip but it was 37 that God placed on my heart. I know ...confusing but it works for me!

God is in control ...He knows the desires of our hearts. He will take care of the righteous & he will prevail!! Yobani knows that...and despite the trials and false accusations he has encountered he continues to love the Lord & does not talk badly about his accusers. He has been released temporarily (on bail) but his ordeal is not over. The Saturday we were there Yobani returned to the prison where he had spent the last 3.5 months (arrested on false accusations) and preached to the 200 men there. God is using Yobani to love those that are not loveable, just like Jesus loved and forgave the thief on the cross. Please pray for Yobani and his church as God leads them to minister to the men in the prison & as he continues his legal battle. Hopefully that battle will be over soon & he will be totally free & all the charges will be dropped.







No comments:

Post a Comment

100lbs of Love

   I have to start this blog entry by saying thank you, thank you.... THANK YOU !!  I am so overwhelmed by the support I have ...