Sunday, August 28, 2011

Clothes Pins & Prayers

(view from inside of the hogar)
Recently, as I was hanging my clothes out to dry my mind drifted back to the backyard of the hogar. There are several lines stretching from fence post to fence post where the girls hang their laundry to dry. I recalled helping Paola retrieve her dried clothes, not talking but just working together. She would giggle when I would picked up the clothes that weren't hers. It became a game as I deliberately started selecting items that obviously did not belong to her.

As I pinned the clothes up on my clothes line in my backyard I began to pray for my friends that were hanging their clothes out to dry:

1) For God to send sponsors for the girls. The hogar is totally supported by the gifts of individuals (there are now 28 girls at the orphanage & it cost $4000 a month to operate the hogar.) This includes, food, electricity, medical bills, school, etc.

2) For guidance for the tias (nannies) as they love and care for the girls

3) To heal the scars and hurts that many of these girls have due to horrific living conditions.

These are just a few of the prayers that come to mind.

Please pray with me for these brown eyed girls that God will provide for their needs.



2 comments:

  1. Your deeds and the love you bring is well reflected in the 8/28 entry. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Brother of the Wind.

    ReplyDelete

100lbs of Love

   I have to start this blog entry by saying thank you, thank you.... THANK YOU !!  I am so overwhelmed by the support I have ...